Thursday, August 18, 2011

Honeymoon

The day after we got married, we left for our honeymoon at Disneyland. By the time we reached Los Vegas, we were tired so we decided to stay there for a night. We found a tiny little motel and settled in for the night. Doug woke up at about 4:00 am, thirsty, and wanted a drink. We both got dressed and went in search of the motels ice machine. On the way to the ice machine, we saw a patch of June bugs. I quickly walked by them and then I realized my sweetheart was not with me. I turned around and there was Doug bending over fasinated with the June bugs. I returned to his side and he gave me the first of many lessons in entomology. He was so cute sitting on the ground pointing out their characteristics that I forgot how much I dislike bugs and enjoyed the lesson. He had such a quick curious mind. Not even a honeymoon could call him away from his beloved science. He taught me to love science too!

No comments:

Post a Comment